that Marinademixes wonderfully with sweet honey and fresh lemon juice. Adding a memorable zest to simple street tacos – topped with chopped onion, cilantro and lime – this bourbonbased dish is sure to become a fast favorite.
What is Chimichurri? Meet your new favorite sauce for everything from vegetables to burgers
Bourbon Lime Chicken Serves Tacos
Hands: 1 hour
Total Time: 3 hours
1/2 cup Bourbon
1/2 cup fresh lime juice, plus 4 lime wedges, for serving
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 flour or corn tortillas
1 small onion, sliced
1 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks (optional)
1 cup chopped fresh
cilantro 1 to 2 red jalapeos, thinly sliced (optional)
In a medium bowl, bourbon, Mix lemon juice, honey, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic. , salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking pan and pour the marinade over them. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade, reserving liquid. Pat dry.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 10 minutes per side.
When the chicken is almost cooked, add the remaining marinade, bring to a rapid boil and cook until a thick sauce forms, spooning the liquid over the chicken.
Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 1/2-inch strips and toss in the reduced sauce. Serve with tortilla, onion, zucchini (if desired), cilantro, jalapeo (if desired) and lime wedges.
Check out these recipes to step up your kitchen game:
- Hard Boiled Eggs: Two Easy Ways to Boil Eggs to Perfection
- :Pearl Couscous The Trick to Creamy Risotto
- MustardHow to Make Cheesecake Factory’s Cajun Jambalaya Pasta at Home
- Makes It Better:Use Mustard Not as a Spice But as an Ingredient
- Pasta Salad:Perfect Every Time: The Only Pasta Salad Recipe You’ll Ever
- Cranberry Sauce Will Need:Three Cranberry Sauce Recipes You Need to Try
- Sugar Cookies:‘The best sugar cookie I’ve ever baked.’ Here is the recipe.
- Kale can be tough:Raw kale can be tough. Here’s How Salt Can Help