Superstar singer Ricky Martin is facing a domestic dispute restraining order in Puerto Rico.
The order was signed on Friday. Police spokesman Axel Valencia told The Associated Press on Saturday that officers who visited an upscale neighborhood in the northern coastal city of Dorado, where Martin lives, tried to order.
said the allegations were “completely false and fabricated.” “We are confident that our client, Ricky Martin, will be fully upheld when the true facts come out in this case.”
USA TODAY has contacted Martin’s representative for a statement and additional comment.
It was not immediately known who had requested the ban order. Valencia said he could not give more details because the order was filed under Puerto Rico’s domestic violence law.
“So far, the police have not been able to find him,” Valencia said.
El Vocero said the order stated that Martin and the other party dated for seven months. The report cites the order saying that they broke up two months ago, but the petitioner says that Martin did not accept the separation and has been seen roaming near the petitioner’s house at least three times.
“The petitioner fears for his own safety,” El Vocero quoted the order as saying.
AP has not received the copy of the order.
Valencia said the order bars Martin from contacting or calling the person who filed it and a judge will determine at a later hearing whether the order should be continued or dropped. Usually the orders are in force for at least a month, he said.
Valencia noted that the man who filed for a restraining order had not contacted police, which would require prosecutors to determine whether there was enough evidence to file charges. Rather the request went straight to the court.
In 2018, Martin revealed that she married her longtime boyfriend, artist Jawan Yosef. The couple had been in quarantine with their four children and Martin’s mother during the early days of the pandemic.
Get everyone’s talking newsletter delivered to your inbox.
Catch up with trending news everything you need to know
Delivery: Mon – Fri
“Your self-esteem takes a beating when you go on social media and see everyone at work, but the last thing that All I want to do is do dumbbells,” Martin told USA Today in June 2020. “We have a small room where my husband works, and I pass by, say hello and keep walking. It’s not where I am at the moment.”
Last summer, Martin told People that the couple was expecting more children.
Martin’s former manager, Rebecca Drucker, filed a lawsuit against the singer last week for $3 million in unpaid commissions, according to legal documents obtained by multiple publications, including Variety and Deadline.
Contributions: Danica Koto, The Associated Press, and Kim Willis, USA Today